Following that, the company rolled out an Android 10-based beta build for the Mi 9 SE. And now, the company is rolling out a stable build of MIUI 11 to the Redmi K20 and the Redmi 7A in India. Since Android is built on top of the Linux kernel, Android device makers have to provide, upon customer request, the source code for any Linux kernel binaries that ship on their devices. That includes not only the release date software, but also any subsequent updates to the kernel.
So before moving to the process make a backup and try saving all the existing data. This page is containing the official link to download XIAOMI Firmware Stock ROM or flash file. Basically, this mobile firmware is used for flashing, updating or unbrick your android mobile phone.
- Take note that Open GApps does not provide you with any license for Google’s stock firmware file APKs included in the package.
- We personally suggest using the ‘clean all’ option in such cases.
- The -j 4 part means that there will be four simultaneous threads/connections.
- Make sure to Download the OTA package only, Fastboot ROM will not work with Updater.
- After all, selling affordable phones that deliver value for your money is how Xiaomi has managed to climb the ladder of success.
It’s considered a more advanced version of the recovery ROM. Installing MIUI Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi, Redmi, Poco devices can be used for various purposes. You could use it to upgrade your phone’s software by manually installing the latest MIUI updates. It can also be used to unbrick a device from a bricked state.
Xiaomi continues to release updates for their devices but sometimes these updates may take longer to arrive than normal. With this guide we are going to teach you how to install MIUI updates manually. Basic things when selecting ROMs, It should be Official.